welcome to my blog!!!!

Thank you for dropping by....i will be blogging about my life in Devon by the sea-side, decorating my 1926 home, vintage treasure hunting from auctions, charity shops , recycling centres and the good old british car booty!! One mans rubbish is another mans treasure! baking, sewing, painting and probably the weather!!!! enjoy!
claireljinks@hotmail.com


Wednesday 12 March 2014

Masie Daisy workshops by Hesta x




 The last two days I have really enjoyed myself doing two workshops at Maisy Daisy's , Mill Street Crafts in Sidmouth.



 Hesta runs lots of  different workshops, the first one I did was a brooch making course based on a 1940's brooch, As Mothers Day is coming I decided to try and do a bunch of violets....where I live , as well as the common violets there are also wild white ones growing.....so I did both types....

 
I was so pleased with the results and am sure Mother is going to love them.
Today's course was a beginners crochet course...... I went along to brush up on my basic stitches, as I am teaching myself  to crochet and wanted to check I was doing it right!
I fell in love with this little vase full of crochets hooks.......
There was lots of advice and tips to help you learn,,,,,
And it's such an interesting and creative environment to work in.....
Lots of Hesta's  creations around to inspire......
Needles and hooks.......
Vintage Singer sewing machines for sale , all reconditioned......


Carla the lady who was instructing us brought along her beautiful crocheted blanket...It was stunning......
I was very pleased to learn to crochet in the round properly as I have a crafting idea I want to do...
Hesta even supplies lovely cakes and tea served in vintage china...you can contact Hesta at Green Glamour to find details of her courses, please visit her blog and see all the wonderful things she can teach you .....I found it wonderful to lean new techniques and meet lovely new people....

3 comments:

i love hearing from other bloggers and try to answer every comment x