welcome to my blog!!!!

Thank you for dropping by....i will be blogging about my life in Devon by the sea-side, decorating my 1926 home, vintage treasure hunting from auctions, charity shops , recycling centres and the good old british car booty!! One mans rubbish is another mans treasure! baking, sewing, painting and probably the weather!!!! enjoy!
claireljinks@hotmail.com


Wednesday, 6 February 2013

Too much?........

 Here are a few pics of my china dresser....Five years ago when I moved to Sidmouth I didn't even own a tea cup.
 
 

 I think I ALMOST have enough now..although I would quite like 365 different patterns........
 

 One for each day of the year.........

 And to be fair its not a " for looking at" collection, I use a different one everyday..on a tray..with tea pot, sugar bowl and milk jug....
 Me mother goes barmy at the amount of washing up it generates and people generally think I am nuts.....and that  mugs are much easier......"Do I look like a hairy a**ed bricklayer is my usual reply...I ....am  LADY....and Ladies use tea cups!"
 And a china tea cup makes the tea taste sooooooo much better.....its lovely walking into my dining room in the morning and perusing the patterns...deciding what mood i am in..which pattern fits that mood ...
 Am i in a Victorian mood? or do I feel all Art Deco today? 1940's rose or am I in a Granny mood when only my Grandma cup will suffice....I even have a pretty W.I cup although I am not in the W.I !
 And do not get me started on tea pots!


"One more tea pot comes into this house and it's divorce! " my husband threatens...."Don't tempt me" is my reply as I sneakily remove a tea pot from under my jumper.....

 This morning I was in a Royal Albert Kentish Rockery kinda mood........

Anyone wanna come and play tea sets with me?

7 comments:

  1. :-) Goodness that is one serious tea set collection :-) I love it i did chuckle at your husbands response about no more teapots. My mum says the same as you about tea tasting better from a cup and saucer. dee xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tea definitely tastes nicer from bone china!
    What is your favourite, mine is Earl Grey.
    May I come and play.......?
    Julie xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. earl grey all the way x
    yes you can x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only drink coffee, but I still drink it in a vintage cup and saucer.
    I love your collection, I thought I was the only mad one out there.
    Adore your collection of tea pots. I only have a couple. I would love to come and play tea sets.....
    Rosezeeta

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make a nice strong cup of tea! my man's so pleased I dont have(quite)so many tea cups. see you tomorrow at knit cafe. hx

    ReplyDelete

  6. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your site and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed
    reading your site. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.
    flights to Umrah
    cheap flight to jeddah
    flights to jeddah
    umrah jeddah flights
    umrah flights from London
    cheap flights to umrah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello and thank you for calling round. For a moment I thought that one of my sisters had set up a blog as she has a dresser full of china just like yours and a few hundred in the cupboards. My sister loans her china out to the WI for their fund raising events.
    Enjoy your tea sets
    Best wishes
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete

i love hearing from other bloggers and try to answer every comment x