welcome to my blog!!!!

Thank you for dropping by....i will be blogging about my life in Devon by the sea-side, decorating my 1926 home, vintage treasure hunting from auctions, charity shops , recycling centres and the good old british car booty!! One mans rubbish is another mans treasure! baking, sewing, painting and probably the weather!!!! enjoy!
claireljinks@hotmail.com


Thursday 21 February 2013

The Last Leg.

The Poppy tablecloth saga is entering the end game..........
Three corners down and its only taken a year and 2 months.......
It has truly become a labour of love.......
Mother bought the table cloth and transfers as a Christmas present and said have a go at this......
I toddled off to the sewing shop and bought the threads and have been hooked ever since.....
There have been weeks where my hands wouldn't even hold the needle (carpal tunnel) and its sat all forlorn, but  never forgotten. It has been put down in favour of new projects such as learning to crochet...
but I have always returned with renewed enthusiasm.....


Today I got out the last corner transfer......


Ironed .......
And peeled the transfer off.......

And here it is........


Another few weeks......or months work , hands willing......
And I will have a lovely Poppy tablecloth, every stitch made with love...lots of people have asked if its worth it....all that time and effort...and I say Yes!!!!!.......x x x

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely heirloom. Its gorgeous. What is it about bright red poppies?
    Is the needlework shop still near the church?
    Julie xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

i love hearing from other bloggers and try to answer every comment x