welcome to my blog!!!!

Thank you for dropping by....i will be blogging about my life in Devon by the sea-side, decorating my 1926 home, vintage treasure hunting from auctions, charity shops , recycling centres and the good old british car booty!! One mans rubbish is another mans treasure! baking, sewing, painting and probably the weather!!!! enjoy!
claireljinks@hotmail.com


Monday 11 February 2013

A place for everything..and everything in its place

 A  few years ago I saw this beautiful hand embroidered table runner on Etsy...I posted it on my Facebook page, as I do many beautiful things that catch my eye..... and my mother bought it as a surprise for me.....
 I loved the delicate embroidery , the bees buzzing around the beautiful pink flowers...but it forever lived in my cupboard. I did not want to use it over my tablecloths as I did not want it to get stained....but...at last I have found a home for it...and here it it is....




 That we bought from a local auction for £1 ..I will say that again ONE POUND! It took a but of huffing and puffing by people to get it into the house...but it was well worth the effort.....
 One of my tea cup lamps that my daughter made me sits atop of it too....
 It's so lovely having a piano in the house again, I love listening to my husband play, and my grandchildren tinkling away.....and I love looking at my pretty runner on top of it...need a few more knick-knacks too...
I now have to find a home for this amazing hand crocheted doily I got for Christmas.....
 Its quite a large one.....
 Such beautiful colours...and its sooooooooo pretty ..I don't want to to live in the textile cupboard for years, it should be on display so I can ohh and ahh over it....
I hope I find a place for it soon x

2 comments:

  1. I thought I was good at finding bargains, but you have beaten me hands down. Well done.!
    Your runner looks perfect on top, and what a lovely gift from your daughter.
    Rosezeeta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous table runner and what a lovely gift from your mum.

    Bee happy x

    ReplyDelete

i love hearing from other bloggers and try to answer every comment x