welcome to my blog!!!!

Thank you for dropping by....i will be blogging about my life in Devon by the sea-side, decorating my 1926 home, vintage treasure hunting from auctions, charity shops , recycling centres and the good old british car booty!! One mans rubbish is another mans treasure! baking, sewing, painting and probably the weather!!!! enjoy!
claireljinks@hotmail.com


Sunday 13 April 2014

Mirror mirror.....

I had an idea...voiced it out into the ether of Facebook and lo and behold....
A few days later the post man brought me these lovelies...A housewarming present from a dear aunt.....
Due to ill health I have recently "downsized" to a smaller lickel house.....what a relief....no large garden to tackle....I am that gardened out , it caused me so much stress not be able cope with my old garden that  I have not even attempted pots! Maybe next year I will be ready to face growing things again.......
The new house is a delight.....It takes an hour to clean from top to bottom....and over looks the river...although I fear my lie ins will be forever shattered by dog owners howling at their dogs to come back.......but that is a small price to pay to live in such a lovely location....it's lovely now but I cannot begin to imagine what it will be like in the summer to grab a patchwork quilt, a cushion and a book and walk out of my front door and go a few paces to sit under a tree on the river bank.
Of course a new house house meant decorating ...but I am doing it,slowly but surely...I went mad on a good day and painted the front room thinking I was "normal".....I couldn't walk for three days!!!!!!!!!!So even though I want it all done NOW!!!!!!! I am pacing myself.....Have practically finished my bathroom now though....It was lime green, lime green walls and lime green tiles....now some people may like lime green but I could not live with it...it had to go.....Now I am not flush and pennies do not stretch far and the lime green tiles would have cost far more to replace than I could afford and the thought of DIY made my heart sink...so a tin of tile paint was procured. It's resulted into two tone white but I will have to live with it for now....
I hope to distract from that with flowery goodness.....I put up rosey curtains from Popy's old bedroom as the grey blind seemed harsh......and all the bits are from my old house.......
The hubster has got quite good at putting things up!
It's been fun deciding what goes where.......and what to use from from old house......

But here at last are the stars of this post....my beautiful vintage hand mirrors....
I love them so much...and knowing me will probably not be able to be content with these five...especially now the car boot season has started...I suspect that little expanse of wall will one day be mirrors from ceiling to floor.......What will you be looking out for this car boot season?

2 comments:

  1. Looks very pretty
    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 2 daughters both asked for mirrors just like those, that my Mum had on her dressing table, luckily there were 2 so no tossing of coins!

    ReplyDelete

i love hearing from other bloggers and try to answer every comment x