welcome to my blog!!!!

Thank you for dropping by....i will be blogging about my life in Devon by the sea-side, decorating my 1926 home, vintage treasure hunting from auctions, charity shops , recycling centres and the good old british car booty!! One mans rubbish is another mans treasure! baking, sewing, painting and probably the weather!!!! enjoy!
claireljinks@hotmail.com


Monday 27 December 2010

Christmas at my house x

Hope everyone out there had a very Merry Christmas.....

Do you like my new Christmas tea cup?
Matches my Christmas tea pot!
I love Christmas and I run downstairs to light all the candles and the fire....
My daughter Poppy laid the table , we had our prawn cocktail in vintage tea cups this year....
we all wore badges x
And sat down to our Christmas feast!
A lovely traditional Christmas dinner!
This was the turkey before I cooked it a la Nigella Lawson..soaking in a spiced brine.....it was soooo tender and juicy I am never doing it any other way!
Then it was present time in front of the fire......


Two of my favourite pressies....a vintage brooch...

These wonderful vintage hair pins......
I had lots more wonderful pressies which I will show you in a later post x
Boxing Day it was down to the beach to watch these brave souls do the annual swim......

They are much braver than I.....
Swimming in the sea, with snow on the ground!!!
It was great fun to cheer and clap them on x
Hope you all had a wonderful time over the festive season x x
Please remember to enter my December give away....just click on the giveaway label on the right of my blog for details x

3 comments:

  1. love your new tea cup and all of your sweet vintage presents. i wouldn't have gone swimming at this time of year, either.

    merriest of christmas wishes to you and i hope you have a happy new year.
    xo
    ~molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Christmas tea set it's very pretty. The Nigella turkey method looks good, I must remember that. Have a lovely time for the rest of the Christmas holiday.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely feast! And the brooch and hairpins are to die for! A very happy 2011 to you!!

    ReplyDelete

i love hearing from other bloggers and try to answer every comment x