welcome to my blog!!!!

Thank you for dropping by....i will be blogging about my life in Devon by the sea-side, decorating my 1926 home, vintage treasure hunting from auctions, charity shops , recycling centres and the good old british car booty!! One mans rubbish is another mans treasure! baking, sewing, painting and probably the weather!!!! enjoy!
claireljinks@hotmail.com


Thursday 24 June 2010

treasure finds

More finds have found me! And so has another job!! The jobs are really piling up now, where will I find the time????
I have acquired these two trios via my mother, many thanks!!! They are both Royal Albert Gossamer pattern and made in the fifties she said.x x x x
Then in a quick visit to Oxfam I found this piece of fabric....I had no idea what I would use it for, and thought it would make some nice cushions, but I just had to have it as it had roses on, so home it came with me x
Then my better half came home with two directors chairs, saying he picked them up for me so I could recover them with a Union Jack or something!!!
And a light bulb went off in my head...Rosie director chairs!!! More sewing though!!!!!!!!
The Better Half also came home with this beautiful mirror.....But and this makes me laugh, as the lady who used to live here before me said, my house attracts mirrors!!! At the time I laughed inside and said what mumbo jumbo!!! But it does!!!! People have remarked that I own a lot of mirrors and we have have sold quite a few that we have acquired since we have lived here!!!! So I have no room for this beauty and she is destined for someone else out there, she would look lovely painted white a la shabby chic. x x x
see you soon x x x x

3 comments:

  1. Hello Ms Jinks! I am back from hols and just checking out your amazing blog before I head off to Green Park Station Market in Bath. I am in awe of your china and your obvious handicraft skills (and very good taste). I will be emailing you next week, once I've spent the weekend soaking up this glorious English sunshine - might have to have tea in the garden tomorrow!! With full china of course xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank u mrs stokes! x glad u had a great holiday....i am busy collecting and making stuff to go on my first stall not sure where or when its going to be...............i have my mother knitting away like mad...she is knitting me cupcakes and has just knitted some darling bakewell tarts...i will post some pics of them soon x i am just about to make my first cake stand using mis matched plates and glasses...so its all go here!!!! thanks once again for the inspiration.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ms Jinks, glad it is all going well. If you get a mo (and feel that way inclined) you wouldn't let me into the secret of cake-stand making would you? I know how to drill the holes but don't know where to buy the bits in between. If you could email me your trade secret I would be so grateful! Also want to ask you to look out for something for me - shall I email you? x

    ReplyDelete

i love hearing from other bloggers and try to answer every comment x