welcome to my blog!!!!

Thank you for dropping by....i will be blogging about my life in Devon by the sea-side, decorating my 1926 home, vintage treasure hunting from auctions, charity shops , recycling centres and the good old british car booty!! One mans rubbish is another mans treasure! baking, sewing, painting and probably the weather!!!! enjoy!
claireljinks@hotmail.com


Friday 18 October 2013

Hello, sorry I have been away for so long...I left my camera behind on a train, along with my bag with all my birthday presents in and my computer died but I am back on track....
Have been enjoying the autumnal weather
It's perfect weather to go foraging with my little grandaughters
Patience and Esme

I have also been enjoying using my newest tea pot...she is a teeny tiny decorated brown  bettyand she is so pretty and autumnal I am so in love with her.
Have started making quilts for the girls beds for Christmas , not by hand this time but by machine...We try to make as many presents as we can or buy previtntage...pre loved vintage x x x

I have pickled eggs, no mamby pamby white vinegar..we want to wince when you bite into them! And in honour of my grandfather I have got a sweet jar and pickled onions.My grandfather Grampy Uzzell made the best pickled onions and piccalilli in the whole wide world...maybe I will make some piccalilli next year...Right I am off to start  shredding grapefruit skins for some grapefruit marmalade....I am glad to be back and will catch up with all your blogs over the next few days x x x

4 comments:

  1. Hope you got all your things back safely - that was silly though leaving them on the train......
    Ah another memory of Sidmouth. We used to go along the old track and pick blackberries, and look across to our house. Love the new teapot - very pretty. I agree with you pickled onions should be in brown vinegar. Your grandchildren are growing fast. Can't wait to see the quilt.
    Julie xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no i have lost all my beautiful things! x x so sad x

      Delete
  2. I have been blog hopping and so glad I did as I discovered yours! your jam making is interesting, flavours I had never imagined. your poppy tablecloth is so very pretty and special, well done for persevering you now have a lovely heirloom. Betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you betty x so nice for you to visit my little page...i sometimes wonder why i whittle away here!

    ReplyDelete

i love hearing from other bloggers and try to answer every comment x