welcome to my blog!!!!

Thank you for dropping by....i will be blogging about my life in Devon by the sea-side, decorating my 1926 home, vintage treasure hunting from auctions, charity shops , recycling centres and the good old british car booty!! One mans rubbish is another mans treasure! baking, sewing, painting and probably the weather!!!! enjoy!
claireljinks@hotmail.com


Friday 20 June 2014

Elderflower Hunt.

 Isn't the weather glorious....we all went out on an elderflower hunt...to make a jam and cordial....

 And we found lots......
 Personally I love the smell of elderflowers but the hubby complains that they smell of cats wee.......
I had a little helper eager to carry my basket.
 We sat down in a meadow for a rest and before we knew it the girlies had a crown made from meadow grasses and wild flowers, including clovers, queen anns lace, dandelions and daisies.
 The girls loved them .....when we got home we put the elderflower heads to soak for three days before we can make out lovely jam x x x
Hope you are all enjoying the wonderful sunshine too x xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

i love hearing from other bloggers and try to answer every comment x